iPRES 2019 Review Process
Introduction for reviewers of iPRES 2019 paper submissions
Thank you for agreeing to be a reviewer for iPRES 2019. Your help is essential in making sure that the conference program is original and inspiring, and reflects the state of the art in digital preservation research and practice. This year’s theme is Eye on the Horizon and aims to broaden the voices and approaches participating in the conference. In keeping with the theme, we will embrace creative proposals that demonstrate how research and theory directly impact and influence practice at all levels. The iPRES 2019 Programme Committee seeks contributions that tell stories about building bridges between organizations in different domains and bridging knowledge gaps.
You will be reviewing long papers and/or short papers. To ensure that the review process is rigorous, each paper will be reviewed by at least three peers. The Reviewer Guidelines document outlines the process for reviews. If at any point you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the iPRES 2019 Papers and Panels Chairs:
● Andrea Goethals
● Barbara Signori
● Pamela Vizner
● Zhenxin Wu
|CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS|
|1st call for contributions peer reviewed submissions||Monday 3 December|
|2nd call for contributions peer reviewed submissions||Friday 1 February|
|3rd and last call for contributions peer reviewed submissions||Monday 4 March|
|Call for contributions closes||Wednesday 20 March (extended deadline)|
|Bidding opens||Thursday 21 March|
|Bidding ends||Sunday 24 March|
|Papers assigned to reviewers by Chairs (when bidding is not completed)||Tuesday 26 March|
|Reviews completed||Monday 15 April|
|Notification of acceptance||Friday 24 May|
|Revised papers with revisions that address reviewer comments||Friday 7 June|
|Final programme released||Monday 17 June|
You are being asked to review short papers and/or long papers.
You are not being asked to review workshops, tutorials, panels or posters
- Log into EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ipres2019
- You will have to create an account if you don’t already have one.
- Select the Program Committee role for the iPRES2019 conference.
- Use the bidding process to note the papers that you wish to review. In particular, also note where there is a conflict of interest.
- You will be notified (by email from EasyChair) of the papers that are assigned to you. These should align with your bidding, but in order to ensure full coverage there may be some difference. You will never be assigned a paper where you have noted a conflict of interest.
- Start the review for a submission assigned to you by selecting the + symbol under ‘Add new review’.
- Use EasyChair to complete your reviews. You will be asked questions in EasyChair that are based on the guidelines below. We hope to give authors useful feedback, so please be as expansive in the more general “Review” box as you can.
Note: Authors can see all comments except those entered into the “Confidential remarks for the programme committee” section.
- Please complete all reviews by 15 April 2019 (midnight PST time).
Please download the Reviewer Guidelines [PDF] for a step-by-step guidance.